Job ID 2570
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
Job Title: MEAL Trainee – West Field Office
Job Location: Hasanpur, Nepal
Employee Contract Type: Local – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
In Supervision of MEAL Specialist/coordinator, purpose of this position is to work closely with the MEAL staff and the sectoral specialists of East Field Office. Work with MEAL staff and support in MEAL task in assigned programme areas as well as supporting in gathering of evidence on changes in child well-being. The focus of work with the sectoral specialist is around in gathering and collation of information that can be used as evidence on good practices and impact that WVIN is having in its programme areas.
- Work closely with existing MEAL Team and assist to facilitate WVIN supported Programmes and Projects teams to manage the project cycle effectively in line with National Strategy and MEAL strategy
- Assist MEAL Coordinator as well as MEAL Specialist during TPs baselines, evaluations and other surveys that are required in the line with MEAL strategy
- Work closely with MEAL Team of East Field Office in development of data collection methodologies and tools that employ an appropriate mix of qualitative and quantitative research methods, remaining simple, practical, context-appropriate and cost effective.
- Work closely with the MEAL team and assist during project evaluations by writing reports and sharing with the concern stakeholders
- Assist to provide MEAL training to WVIN staff and partner’s staffs in close cooperation with Supervisor and MEAL Team
- Support to maintain documentation and dissemination of lessons learned from the programming.
- Support Field MEAL team to organise MEAL related events in respective districts.
- Support in data management system to increase deliverance efficiency.
Support in research and good practices evidence gathering
- Work with various sector specialists to gather and collate information from field office to gather good practice and challenges
- Similarly work with sectoral specialists to gather and collate information on policy and practices from external agencies
- Support the MEAL team to gather and collate evidence on the changes in child well-being in WVIN’s programme areas.
- Support Field MEAL team to finalize tools and template required for specific research.
- Support in organising MEAL event likewise Learnings sharing event, review meeting with PNGOs.
- Gather success and failures evidences from the field.
Personal development and transformation
- Grow in spiritual maturity and understanding and practice of incarnational ministry.
- To enhance own management skills and knowledge of development and WVIN ministry in the WVIN context
- Increase own involvement in WVIN ministry
- Initiate for own learning and development in the WVIN context
- Keep daily learning records and prepare monthly progress reports
- Prepare action plan based on the team plans together with supervisors and team members and act accordingly.
- Attend meeting as per organizational requirement
- Other responsibilities: While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, WVI reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when necessary
- Any other task assigned by direct supervisor.
Knowledge/ Qualifications for the Role
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Social Science or in relevant field.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Basic understanding of community-led development work
- Basic understanding of design, monitoring, and evaluation
- Basic understanding on the disaster management related matters
- Basic Knowledge on design, monitoring and evaluation as well as development facilitation in and with communities is desirable
- Good experience of conducting or supporting research
- Active member of local church and having proven experience on church related programs in the community
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Travel and/or Work Environment
- Frequent visit to field areas of east field office as per requirement
- Committed to World Vision Ethos, Mission, Vision and Core values
Application Submission: Apply Here
Closing Date: 15 October, 2023
**IF YOU ARE A FORMERED REGISTERED CHILDREN OF WVIN PLEASE MENTION IN YOUR APPLICATION LETTER OR CV
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal